Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by 65BR
....let's stick to common weights deer hunters use in the 270 - the 130, and 7/08 users run - the 140.

Watched a hunter drop a Mule Deer from 450 yards with a 7-08 & a 140 Accubond.

270 what now?

The AB is a fave of mine in 6.5, .277, and 7 on deer. The 95 BT is too good in the 6 to overlook.
Interesting to see over 130k views on this thread. Lol.

JB is right as always and I’ve said it many times. When you cut thru the # crunching which is good discussion and entertainment, one has many options which serve most well. Since this post the Creedmoor has taken the spotlight. Ironically before this post, top brass at the Hornady booth at the Shot show told me when I asked about a 6.5TC, they were making a “270 on the 30TC that fires a 120 at the same speed as the 270 Win”
Not sure if he misspoke and meant 6.5, or if they settled in the better BC bullets in 6.5.

Back to the Corelokts. IIRC Big Green often had ads that they were the “Deadliest mushroom in the WOODS”....
Bullet technology has improved greatly since the 30 in the pic just above.

Now back to the 270. In America it’s been the closest bore size next to the .264 save the not so common .257. I often say, a 6.5 is a good place to be. The 270 gained the success it did because it’s proven to be highly effective and easy for most shooters to place shots. A 270 like the 7/08 and even 6.5’s have more great bullets than ever before. I proposed a 6 and 22 Creedmoor shortly after the 6.5 launch. Stay tuned....many shooters seem to be noticing the virtues of good bullets in mild short action rounds, spun at proper RPM’s, chambered in affordable accurate rifles fed with like ammo.

One has to admit, Winchester had big hits after the 30-30, with their 270, 308, and 243. They have staying power, and I agree with SuperCub.

Last edited by 65BR; 12/05/17.