Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Still no naysayers or conspiracy types that were so vocal and laughed about this so called bullscchhitt.

C’mon boys , let’s hear from you.

OK, I take the bait! No illness or life threatening disease should be taken with impudence! However, at this point in time it appears to be blown completely out of proportion. As I have mentioned.....so far this flu season, 25K + Americans have died from the flu or complications thereof! In the 2017-2018 flu season, American deaths were 80K. Yet, it was barely spoken about....let alone “crash” the markets, shut down all public venues, empty grocery stores, and cause wholesale panic. It’s absolutely horrendous to those that have contradicted the disease, and to those who have lost loved ones. However, so far, at least in America, it pales in comparison to the 2017-2018 flu season......and I hope it stays that way!

There......Challenge Accepted! wink memtb

I think that the real concerns are the difference in nature of this virus and the seemingly exponential growth of the infection rate. Throw in the number of lockdowns we’re seeing and the news from places like Italy. From that, I don’t think it is overblown when were dealing with what appears to be such an unknown.

Comparing this to past epidemics seems rather moot at this point, to me, anyhow. We have no idea of how far and deep this thing can run but we’re sure gonna find out.. if lockdowns had not been imposed one might wonder just how bad it would have been here in a first world nation.

The “speculation “ is that this will be deeply devastating to sub Saharan Africa and big cities like Cairo.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.