Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I was in Infectious Disease arena for many years. The ID docs I've talked to are very concerned. It's not like anything they've seen in their lifetime. It's most certainly the real deal. The only real event comparable is the Spanish Flu. However, the talking heads on TV, social media medical practitioner wannabees, and their ilk are throwing gas on the fire. It's not needed and counter-productive.

DJT has surrounded himself with experts. He's directing a pointed attack; testing facilities, test kits, pharmaceutical testing - fast tracking - compassionate use, military help with hospital ships, MASH, logistics, doing whatever humanly possible to get the economy back humming again -the Fed - stimulus, etc. This maximum effort will make Katrina look like a fart in the wind.

The world is watching. Indeed, I think this will be his finest hour.

Agree completely. Trump needs our prayers; this poor man gets it from every angle. I think Pence is doing very well too. The news conferences with the inevitable strident, female “journalists” with their poking and probing questions, all of a critical nature, shows Trump has much more patience I would have under these circumstances.

As to the virus, one must assume it’s everywhere and thus self-isolation or social-distancing, whatever you want to call it, is the most important thing to do at the moment. Many folks just can not grasp the seriousness of the times.