Here is some bullsheet.....

"I work in a hospital, or I have a friend who works in a hospital, and they are doing their best to keep this under the radar." Well, at the one I work at things are pretty much normal, with the exception of extra cleaning precautions.

"Have you every worked with a population of confined animals, that have a contagious disease?" Well, that is irrelevant because we are not a world population of confined animals. Animals yes, but far from confined and staying home from the local Red Lobster and McDonalds will have no significent effect in containing the spread. Just today, two different flower garden parking lots were fairly full with the gals getting their spring plantings. Was out on the road for a couple hours....Must have passed and been passed by at least 10,000 cars. Confined?????....I think not....

"Damn kids and millennials don't care. They go around licking toilet seats." Ok a few licked toilet seats and you fell for the clickbait and think that is their norm. I work with mostly millennials and on the whole they are extremely concerned. We had a guy who was on a cruise, but they turned around and came back to Florida. He was tested when he got off the ship and was cleared. Returned home and two weeks later was tested again by the hospital and cleared to return to work. Some of the millennials thought he should not be allowed and they voiced their opinion they didn't want to work with him. I guess those damn millennials just don't care. They were told he was cleared to work.....

Here is some classic scare tactic BS: It is almost a given one of them is going to die......

Originally Posted by cra1948
Wife has a close friend (they are godmothers to each other’s first born) who is a family practice MD. Her husband is an ER MD. They are very concerned. He is not going home after his shift....staying in a hotel near the hospital. She is staying home with their kids, says they are trying to make sure their kids come through this with at least one parent.

"Fake news is everywhere." Yet now we are to believe all they say about Covid-19.

"This will be Trumps finest hour." Well, what other option does he have than to pull out all the jokers in the deck and play them?

What isn't bullsheeet:

Originally Posted by ctsmith
Somebody help me with the math. Potentially millions infected in the US but we're still at around 200k world wide, and it started in the most dense population in world? I can't seem to reconcile that.

Originally Posted by memtb

OK, I take the bait! No illness or life threatening disease should be taken with impudence! However, at this point in time it appears to be blown completely out of proportion. As I have mentioned.....so far this flu season, 25K + Americans have died from the flu or complications thereof! In the 2017-2018 flu season, American deaths were 80K. Yet, it was barely spoken about....let alone “crash” the markets, shut down all public venues, empty grocery stores, and cause wholesale panic. It’s absolutely horrendous to those that have contradicted the disease, and to those who have lost loved ones. However, so far, at least in America, it pales in comparison to the 2017-2018 flu season......and I hope it stays that way!

There......Challenge Accepted! wink memtb

Last edited by battue; 03/20/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler