Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Got a call early this morning from a dear friend. His wife passed away earlier this morning, she had been in failing health.

Upon getting her to the Emergency Room he was made to leave and told to wait outside the hospital and they took his cell phone number. He went to the parking garage and waited for hours and got the text that she had passed. He called me from the parking garage.

He was not allowed to enter the hospital to see her and spend final private moments with his life’s partner.

As of an hour ago the funeral home can’t tell the family anything related to what the service for her might hold.

I write this in case others here may possibly have a similar situation and as to what you might expect should the worst come to pass.

My gosh, what a sad day 😕. I hope he had family around.

Birdie the funeral parlors are apparently holding all of the deceased on cold storage for the time being. What this family and others are electing to do is cremation. In this process the immediate family is given time to view and spend direct time with their deceased loved one before cremation occurs.

Once cremation is complete, the ashes are placed in a urn and given to the family. From there it seems that Priest, Ministers, etc. are performing graveside services for immediate family or the families elect to simply hold the ashes for a later Memorial Service after this threat has been considered to have passed and crowds can reconvene.

My friends have elected to do the hold and then Memorial Service route.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.