Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Times like this demand well thought, measured reactions.
Unfortunately it seems our representatives our blindfolded swinging wildly at an economic pinata. They're knocking the [bleep] out it and money's flying out of it in every direction, none of which seems to have a chance of helping even in the short term, and the long term damage we're doing will make the pain we suffer from the outbreak look mild.

No doubt, this is very serious, and obviously some tough measures have to be taken, but you don't burn your house to the ground to get rid of a cock roach infestation, and that is EXACTLY what we are doing right now. If the feds actually shut the entire country down for 14 days, it WILL become 30. At that point all bets are off. I'll be heading to the hills with as much ammo and food as I can and taking any necessary measures needed to protect my family. Anyone that thinks you can turn our economy off like a light switch for 30 days, and then just turn it back on and everything s back to normal is an idiot. We're talking a socio/economic reset and more than likely an entirely new form of society and governance. I don't think we're going to like the new structure forced upon us.

World economy and not just ours.

Wait till this stuff hits Africa, Philippines, Indonesia.

Hoping it doesn’t and that this is short lived.

When/if this mess is over and we're still a sovereign country with a rational President (Trump) I hope he takes it to China with both barrels and beats them back into the Ming dynasty. He should make sure their economy and military is neutered for generations.