The only time I ever seen a Game Warden I was around 14 or 15 and we were staying at my Uncles Cabin in the High Country Soap Stone area in Utah.
we had my Dads Sisters family with us and we wanted fish for dinner so all of the guys went and the girls stayed behind.

We went to several lakes with no success then we came up on this one lake that had Albino Rainbow Trout and the were between 4 to 6 ft off the bank

We all started fishing and nothing was biting
I got bored and told my dad that I was gunna go on the other side of the lake and try my luck.
He told me to take my Cousin who was 5 years younger than I was.

The fish were still not biting on the other side of the lake.
So I got a GREAT Idea and picked up a large branch and started clubbing the fish. They were right off the bank. and at between 16 to 20 inches they were all legal size

About an hour of Clubbing fish we were limited out for everyone with a license so we started heading back to our Parents

As we were walking back Here came the Game Warden Driving slow up a dirt road.
I dropped the Fish and my Club hoping that he did not see what we were doing.

Well we got back to our Dad's and my Dad smiling big held up his barely legal Fish that he caught (single fish)

I yelled out that that was GREAT look what we Caught and held up our stash of fish.

My Uncle started laughing and my Dad said that we did not hook them how did we get them.

I told him that we gotum what difference did it make how.

He poked me a bit and I would not tell him all the way back to the Cabin

My Mom started cleaning them up for dinner that night and came in and asked all of us why all of their backs were broken.

Well after a big Butt Chewing i had to fess up on how we got all of them.
Again my Uncle just Laughed and my Mom and Aunt did to.
My Dad had to take a week or so to cool off but he got over it.

Those Rainbow Trout sure tasted good from that Cold High Country water