Originally Posted by DouginLa
Another time when I was in my 20's (in the early 70's, I was in my Scout coming out of the woods and found a dead deer, no bullet hole or blood. Didn't touch it, went home and got to thinking about it, so I called the WM office. they had me call a game warden by the name of WEAVER. I did and I picked him up, it was dark by now and we had at least a 30min ride to get to the dead deer and the whole time he was trying his damdest to get me to admit that I killed the deer, he really, really, really wanted to make an arrest. He got all my info in case he needed me far a witness later, (but I do believe it was so he could arrest me later. But we picked up the deer and he took it to find the cause of death. They called me back a week later and it had anthrax which was spreading in that parish. I think I remember them closing the season over the spread of anthrax. Back to the game warden Weaver, if memory serves, they found him dead in the woods with a bullet hole in him. But that was 50yrs ago so I might have my facts wrong.

Can't imagine that concern over a dead deer.
Have found them in our posted property, with the minds and straps pulled,
for 30 years. Never called PGC. They won't do anything, except keep a little watch and try to pinch you.

Tresspass!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Out of any big season, they will tell you they have State Police power.
Ie, more power than a cop, cop+possum cop power.
Call them for a trespasses during hunting season, "You gotta call the cops, we can't enforce trespass laws".
They don't want to enforce trespass laws, PGC is focused on fines and fees.
Enforcing trespass might cause some hunters to not hunt. (Buy tags)
2 decent Pa encounters.

1, we used to hunt on a volunteer deputies farm. He was great, never checked us unless he was with The Big Guy. Who was a bastard.
Often heard Tom was a prick, but he never shït in his own yard.
He left the neighbors alone. Nice? Smart? Wise!

2, Daughter played ball with a wardens daughter. Seemed like a good guy.
Spent a few hours chatting. He has been moved to this area, hope any future meetings don't change my mind.

Have encountered wardens in CO numerous times.
Mostly the same dude who I'm sure retired.
Gunnison, Crested Butte area. He was an ok guy.
Never any attitude.
Never any of that "Ive gotcha, gotta figure what to write on the ticket" BS.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!