Back when I was in high school, if a deer was hit by a car or was killed somehow and not tore up too bad, the GW's would skin it and take it to the old folks home or to some needy family. Trying not to waste the carcass, good for them.

We had hounds and ran deer with them. One day we quit early and I had 4 grown hounds by the collars, 2 in each hand, leading them to the dog pen. There is a slight swell and just as I top the swell, there is a doe, or so I thought, stand about 40 yds. from me. Well those dogs knew what to do and they broke out of my hands and the race was on. I ran back to the house, told Dad what had happened, and we jumped in the truck to try and catch them.

There are some houses owned by blacks on the back side of our place and the deer ran between some houses, jumped one side of a 12' chicken wire fence that was around a small garden. When it tried to jump the other side, it didn't make it. When we got to the site, there were blacks standing all out in the road and one of them told us our dogs had headed back home, but there was a dead deer laying in that small garden, and they had called the GW.

We checked it out and the deer, a button buck, had a broken neck.... no other wounds anywhere. Knowing the GW's would not be there anytime soon and the deer had been running, I gutted the deer and propped it open with a stick.

Early next morning there is a knock on the door and there was 2 GW's and our neighbor that had the local slaughter house. GW's asked me if I had seen any dead deer the day before and I told them 'Yes', I had seen 3. I told them about seeing 2 that were killed while hunting and the one in the garden. They wanted to know what I shot it with, and I told them I didn't shoot it, I found it dead, with a broken neck. They kept trying to get me to say I shot it, but I wouldn't. Finally our neighbor had heard enough and told the 2 GW's that they knew damn well the deer hadn't been shot. They had stood there and watched him skin the deer from the back feet to the tip of the nose and the only wound was a broken neck. Then the GW asked me why I gutted the deer. I told them that I knew they would azz around and take half the night to get to the deer and if it wasn't gutted, it would spoil. Then they wanted to see the guts. I told them I had fed part of them to the dogs and buried the rest, but I'd show them where they were buried. They said they wanted me to dig them up, so they could inspect them. Dad told them if they wanted them to dig them up, that's ok, but they better have their own shovel, that they couldn't use one of his. They said forget it, and left.

Last edited by Oldman03; 09/23/22. Reason: kant spel

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21