Originally Posted by tater74
I had heard the same thing about Pogue.

Fun fact, my dad knew Tim Nettleton, the sheriff of Owyhee County. Tim asked him to fly Tim and Dallas' guns to the FBI in San Francisco.

I met him when he was involved in a skyjacking of sorts. Nice guy.Seem a prisoner got loose and held a female hostage. Nettleton talked him into trading the lady for himself and flew him all over hell and gone before finally landing in Winnemucca. I was working that night so got a bit involved in the affair. Interesting night and I got 8 hours of overtime out of the deal.
I really miss living up there in Northern Nevada. Probably the freest time of my life. Plenty of time off and got to wander the desert whenever I felt like it. Tucson wasn't much different when I transferred here but now there's too damn many people. According to my hunting partner, Winnemucca has gotten to be just as bad. A lot of places I used to wander and hunt are now full of houses.

PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 09/25/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE