Another time when I was in my 20's (in the early 70's, I was in my Scout coming out of the woods and found a dead deer, no bullet hole or blood. Didn't touch it, went home and got to thinking about it, so I called the WM office. they had me call a game warden by the name of WEAVER. I did and I picked him up, it was dark by now and we had at least a 30min ride to get to the dead deer and the whole time he was trying his damdest to get me to admit that I killed the deer, he really, really, really wanted to make an arrest. He got all my info in case he needed me far a witness later, (but I do believe it was so he could arrest me later. But we picked up the deer and he took it to find the cause of death. They called me back a week later and it had anthrax which was spreading in that parish. I think I remember them closing the season over the spread of anthrax. Back to the game warden Weaver, if memory serves, they found him dead in the woods with a bullet hole in him. But that was 50yrs ago so I might have my facts wrong.