Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by Blackheart
… It's the biggest reason why a rifle with rapid repeat fire capabilities is preferred for still hunting. If you're doing it right, you should be spotting most of the deer before they see you. If you're mostly seeing tails, you know you're doing it wrong. Most of your shots should not be hurried or at running deer. The truth is, most guys absolutely suck at still hunting. They move too fast, make too much noise, don't pay mind to wind direction, stop in the open to look around ...
Absolutely! And, if a still hunter pauses every few steps, lingering to look and listen for a bit, a one-shooter should really be enough gun.
Far from it when you have multiple targets or you aren't top of the food chain.

OTOH using the AR on deer I can't recall ever taking more than one shot. Pigs same a lot of the time. Only multiples have been sounders and multiple coyotes.

And on those once they start moving I"m lucky to be better than 50% but even at that I've managed as many as 8 pigs once. Usually 3/5 is the max.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....