Originally Posted by RIO7
Shotguns have been my true love sense my first .410 at 8 yrs old, I have always been a avid bird hunter, as the old saying goes " if it fly's it dies " from Black Birds To Geese, up until this last year I have hunted Birds almost every day for the entire season, i still keep about 30 dogs just for Quail,Dove, Pheasant, and Sharp Tail, I think shooting at flying birds with a BB gun or pellet rifle as a kid, teaches us many good lessons on point and shoot, that carries over to snap shooting critters with hair, shooting running Jack Rabbits with a single shot.22 will humble a young guy until he learns how and when to shoot as Mule Deer said. Rio7

Right on. I remember reading that Lanny Benoit was a State Champion skeet shooter. And, for my money one of the very best on up-close and/or running deer in the woods. Last time I heard he used a 3-9 Trijicon. And, once sighted in, the final test is to shoot a can of beans thrown in the air. Having said that, Hal Blood, another deadly son of a gun still uses a peep.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder