The "heretic" comment was a compliment - It is a service to those of us who don't have your experience that you are honest about what you have found.

Being over here on the wrong side of the Mississippi, you were "still-hunting." That's a great pic and great story to go with it. Maybe if I had been able to find those deer in my Bushnell Scope Chief turned up to 4.5x I'd have given scopes more of a chance for close hunting. The first deer I shot after reading Larry Benoit's book and buying a peep sighted 7600 carbine was the buck I'm most proud of. I shot him at a bit under 10 yards when both of us were on the ground and moving after tracking him up a mountain. I used to flatter myself that not many dudes could have pulled that off. But, I'm old enough to know that conditions were perfect and a good deal of luck was on my side. This experience was life changing (sounds over-the-top but it was) and after that the peep sighted 06 was the best deer rifle man ever devised and I would not hear anything different.

[Linked Image]

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder