Originally Posted by battue
Hunters every year are drawing back bows and killing Deer at close range. It is even easier with a rifle. Even one that isn't considered a close range woods rifle.
How many have you killed with arrows, how many of those were while still hunting or snow tracking, how many with a bow wearing a 6x scope and how many were on the run ? If the answers to these questions is none, how do you know how hard it is ? I have killed deer with arrows flung from both compound and crossbow and it isn't terribly difficult from a stand or blind. In fact, in some ways it's easier as the deer are more relaxed and move about much more naturally than they do during rifle season. Which is why rifle hunters here bellyache about bowhunters killing all the big bucks before rifle season opens. I killed a 7 point buck at 17 yards the first day of crossbow season last year within 5 minutes of climbing into my stand. The seat didn't even have time to warm up. The year before I killed a doe 1.5 hours into the first day and a buck a half hour into the second. That buck was the third one past my stand that morning..