This HVA '06 weighs 6#'s as shown and handles like a bird gun, so I'm thinking it would fit the description of what the OP is posting. It had been equipped with a Leupold 2-7. Because of the low comb, I converted it to iron sights using a Skinner peep. With this combo, I get great cheek weld, much better than with the higher mounted scope. With the Skinner, you adjust the front sight. This sight screws into the rear action screw (6-48) secured with a lock nut (ring).

This is a new configuration for this rifle and I haven't shot it yet. Due to light weight, I started out using 125/130 gr. bullets at around 3,100 fps. They were so accurate, I never tried heavier bullets. These bullets exit a chest shot WT with quick kills, so why would I need heavier bullets for local WT's and hogs. I use Fed 215 primers and 59 gr. BG. Gun has a Timney trigger. These loads have mild recoil, considerably less than heavy bullets out of a light '06.

Here is a link to the original HVA project, posted previously. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8948791/1

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]