Originally Posted by battue
Two and then I quit the game of bow hunting, because I would rather hunt rifle season. And I could have killed them with a rifle and it would have been easier. What is your point?

I certainly have killed at least 60 plus Deer with a fixed 6x. And more with 4x our 3x. And most have been under 50 yards. It's not that hard.

Anyway, I've posted these previously..

Leupold 6x...Around an 8 pound Model 70. The Deer was on a serious run after being bounced. Around 30 yards.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Leupold 6x at 3 big steps max....Kimber Montana

Leupold 1.5-5x....Set on 5x...McMillan stocked Pre 60 70....Bounced out of its bed. It made the mistake of stopping to look back. 80 yards +/-

Before you start calling me out, perhaps you should come up with something other than talk. wink
It may not be that hard but it certainly isn't optimum or neccesary either. I know a lot of very successful trackers and still hunters here. Haven't known one who used or advocated for the use of a 6x scope. I killed my first buck and several thereafter with a .22 rifle. That doesn't mean it's a good choice or even close to optimum but it wasn't very hard either.