Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yes, you're the greatest, most experienced hunter and marksman that ever lived and you should no doubt take every opportunity to remind everyone of that every chance you get.

I have never claimed that--or as I pointed out before that 6x is the ideal scope magnification. (If you can find either claim in print or on the Internet, please let me know.) I also know plenty of hunters, outfitters, guides and and shooters more experienced than I am in certain aspects--and have learned plenty from them.

Have also learned a lot from being a guide and going on many hunts with several other hunters, allowing me to observe not just how they do in the field but the results from a wide variety of cartridges, bullets, scopes, etc. One of these was a month-long African cull-hunt where close to 200 big game animals were taken. I only took 13, but observed around a third of the other animals being killed, and interviewed many of the other dozen hunters on their results.

You, on the other hand, do apparently know everything about hunting/shooting close-cover deer from your personal experiences with whitetails in your particular region of one state.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck