Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I worried at first that John might find the confrontational style of the campfire to be a problem. I no longer fret my purty little head over that. smile

I'd put John in the same class as many other in-your-face a-holes on this forum but 'cept for two rather major differences.

First, I have yet to see him pick on anyone who hadn't essentially started it. I've only seen him go after some of the longtime bullies around here. I'm ok with that. It's refreshing.

Second, the dude has a LOT to lose here- more than just pride- and he is overtly willing to literally put his product and talents against anyone here in a videotaped shooting contest. And frankly, a whole lot of erstwhile sharpshooters have gotten awfully weasely all of a sudden when offered this opportunity.

Finally, the bullies around here love to mock the concept of a silent majority that laughs at their childish antics in PM's. I can say with absolute authority that such a rebel network exists... lol... and count me in on the (I suspect rather large) group of guys that have PM'd John. He's not lying about that.

I have issues with John having such an obvious... "goal" with so many of his threads, it's a little disingenuous if you ask me. But if anyone of us wants to show we are better than him and his gear he's ready to prove what he claims and that's awfully hard not to respect.

Jeff.. Do you think Burns has replaced you as the Forum Victim? You worked so hard for that title.. I'd hate to see you lose it.