Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

If you can�t see how this is working then I would suggest you stay out of the custom rifle business.

I am not here to convince any of the nay sayers. You boys already have your mind made up and the facts don�t make a bit of difference.

The vast majority of the 30,000 member of this sight have no interest in taking on the likes of Lil Fish but they do enjoy my little funning with him. My PM box overfloweth if you know what I mean.

Getting some serious hunters to take a look at some video of our rifles and scopes working in the field is never a bad thing for someone in my buisness.

I make some damn good rifles and scopes and the silent majority here is beginning to take notice.

Am thinking you're full of schit about the PM box overflowing with rifle business.

And, yes, I'm sure the "silent majority" is beginning to take notice of more than a few things.

VA,

I have been at the rifle game for more than a little while and have driven the direction of the LR hunting industry for more than a few years. I would not be wasting my time if this was not in my best interest.

Since I posted this video 3 hours ago over 500 views have been add to the thread. Not too hard to figure out.

Any thread I am on the views skyrocket because guys are interested in what I have to say.

Some think I am full of schitt and might be right but with the video the smart guys can separate the BS from the real deal.

A shrinking Violet on a forum like this will get eaten alive in short order. Why do you think no other custom builder will play this game with you boys??

Big difference from "views" (which could be anything from "that's cool" to "wtf" to "that/those guy(s) is/are (a) dick(s)", and a "PM box overfloweth" with work related stuff.

Big difference.

Your tactic is clear; it's the same as Terrible Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Latrell Sprewell, Anna Nicole Smith... "any publicity is good publicity".

At this point, the ONLY avenue that you've got left as far as this business plan is that folks will think (and buy) that you make a good product (which you undoubtedly do) regardless of price, and regardless of the personality of the guy making the product.

That, can work... though you're on a thin limb with little recourse if folks just start going "that guy is a douche, and no matter how good his stuff is, I can get it elsewhere from someone who ain't".

Your call, obviously, and good luck with it.

As for no other custom builder playing here, um.... you missed widely on that one as well.

I think your right in his beleif is that any publicity is good publicity. Here is my take on the whole thing. While many acquainted with the fire will see JB as a douche, many unaquainted could see his actions differently. They may see him as someone who stood up to a bully, then was attacked by the bullies cronies, and did not take no schit. Not saying that is my opinion, just another way people may see this thread. So his thinking may be right. He is not marketing his gun to hardcore guys anyway, but to newbies.

I aint got a thing for either BS or JB, nor do I have a thing against either one, but I wish they would do this shoot. I see either outcome as funny as hell. In the end BS probably already has what he wanted, JB slathering mad. So BS has already won.

I doubt that BS is one to run to run from any fight so it is my guess his hands have been tied by the management. Just guessing here, maybe he is just sitting at home giggling watching JB implode. (Oh damn a mental image of BS in his underware laughing like a mad man just popped into my head I may be sick now.) If BS hands have been tied, that would explain why so many come to protect BS cause I doubt otherwise he would want anyone fighting his battles.

I think I could hold my own against either on the shooting line, but see no profit in it. There is something more to life than bragging rights. Although I would really like to shoot with/against either I am not going to spend money better spent on a hunting trip for it. There are probably a lot of guys here here than shoot as well as either. I can think of at least a couple guys I would bet on rather than BS or JB.

As to JBs prices....I do not see his guns as customs, but maybe semi customs. I understand that they have to spend time to do load work up, and calibrate them fancy little dials, but think they are ovrpaid for this work. If it took them six hours per rifle, which is plenty of time for break in, load work up and confirming drops they are probably billing at 500 per hour for that work. Work that most anybody here does for their buddies for free is getting billed at a huge rate. I guess there are guys out there without friends with the capability to do this work for them. For the guys that do have friends or abilities of their own, these rifles are wayyyy overpriced.

In any case I wish JB well in his effort to sell rifles.....hey I beleive in capitalism. I also wish BS the best also. I am aware that he had a tragedy a while back and that still has to be effecting the guy, no matter how mentally tough he may be. I do get a kick out of his posts and can often gleen some pearls of wisdom from them.