Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Oregonyotebuster
Originally Posted by DINK
I don't get why people are jealous over what Burns charges for a rifle. I can't afford one but there are alot of people that can so who cares?

I don't get the whole "people are trying to buy skill" by buying a greybull rifle fight either. People are always trying to buying something they can't do. My sister's drive 50k-60k sports car's (maybe more) but the speed limit is the same if they drove a neon. They happen to have the money to buy the 50k-60k sports cars again who cares.

I think stick finally jumped on someone that is has probaly been called out many times before. If you make your living building custom rifles and shooting long range on video I have to believe that Burns has run into a loud mouth before.

Dink

I totally agree with what is said here. You can tell form seeing him on the TV shows John has put his time behind the trigger.

In this thread we are witnessing the "American Way". John Burns is competing in a free market and can price his product to what ever the market will bear. It is obvious he is successful. Individuals on the fire don't own stock in his company or are on his board of directors, therefore are naive to suggest his product and price won't sell in a free market.

I applaud Burns for risk taking and swimming with the sharks in a free market.

I don't think anyone has disagreed with that.