We have had informal no rangefinder matches at unknown distances....but you get to use ranging reticules and know the target sizes. That would be a crazy match with with no ranging reticules....kinda like ready set guess. Although, if you got a spotting shot it could be interesting.

Originally Posted by rost495
1500 meters unranged.... thats interesting. Would have to be done with a scope with nothing but a straight crosshair in it, no other way to cheat ranging by mil type sizing.

Beyond that, its not realistic at all, no sane long range shooter would attempt a long shot without checking the range.

I'd love to play this, I'm out though, not in the cards of my life right now plus I'm so rusty I suck shooting wise lately. Missed a doe head due to a screw up on my wind guess the other week, measly 252 yards. Had the wind right... but then looked it over hard and decided that the ridge and trees blocked a fair amount of it... I was wrong, it was my first calc at full value... of couse the second berger put the brain on the ground and then she fell.