Does anyone here shoot short-range or long range benchrest????

There are a LOT of Riflesmiths that build rifles that will put 5 rounds in a tenth of an inch at 100 yards. There are also a BUNCH that build rifles that will put 10 rounds in a 5" group at 1000 yards.

My 'Smith is one of those, and he doesn't charge 6k for a rifle! He built my first short-range BR rifle for $2200.00 without scope. It had a Stolle right bolt, left port action, Hart SS match grade barrel, a 2 oz. Jewell trigger, and a Lee Six stock complete with $275.00 paint job.

He has built me a number of 1000 yard BR rifles as well...........the last one was using a Remington 40X action, a Lilja SS match grade barrel, a Jewell 2 oz. trigger, and a McMillan Edge stock. Total cost?..........$1800.00. The action had already been trued-up ( another $150.00) but he opened the bolt-face to .308 size and added a Sako extractor.

I'd put my 'Smith up against anyone out there..........he has built rifles for a great number of folks around here, and they have all been very competitive.

So far, he has built a total of 6 rifles for me. One of them has 2 switch barrels in different chamberings, one has 4 switch barrels in 2 different chamberings each with different twists, and one has 2 switch barrels in different chamberings.

I will give his name via PM's only.