Originally Posted by lmartin
very good sir well done hope you got a good lawyer to defend you in court

And from what would I need to defend myself from? I simply took HIS and other Forum members words/posts and rendered a cartoon based on those dialogs.

Aluminum Cradles In Stocks 09/15/10

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
One small area of advantage the bedding blocks hold over a straight synthetic is the aluminum block below the action will counter act the thermal expansion of the aluminum scope above the action.

Aluminum linear thermal expansion is 2 � times more than the ferritic stainless steel commonly used in rifle actions. This will have an effect on your zero over a relatively large change in temp.

By using a bedding block stock I no longer see the � MOA shift from my summertime zero to my winter time zero.

Our bedding block has a double radius design that will work very well without additional bedding but I do bed all of my rifles and all customer guns are bedded. The addition of the bedding gives one peace of mind.

In a hunting siltation a there is no shielding from a drastic drop or rise in temp. Your equipment will be at ambient temp very quickly. Load your rifle in a saddle scabbard, carry it on your back, or just use a sling and very quickly your �system �will be at ambient temp�.

If the optic expands at almost 3 times the rate as the action and you have zeroed at a significantly different temp from the actual hunting conditions you will see a variation in your zero.

Many guys have mistakenly thought this was due to a change in elevation when they zeroed their rifles in the east and then headed west to a cool temp and higher altitude. Temperature was the real culprit as it affected the actual scope vs. action relationship.

If the stock has an aluminum bedding block this will mitigate the change in zero to a great degree.

The block will come to the ambient temp of the environment. It will just be slower to heat or cool due to the insulation of the stock. It is bolted to the steel action and will stay very close to the temp of the action during a change in temp.

The big issue is how fast the optic can change temp if exposed to a heat source such as direct sunlight. If you take your rifle out of the case and then lay it in direct sunlight the optic will heat and grow much faster than the action and block.

The action is actually fairly flexible in the area between the scope mounts. More of it is cut away than is left with the mag cutout and the ejection port.

The block also adds a degree of stiffness to this area of the action