Jamison, Gene,

Thanks for the info. I guess, I'll try out the 168 Scirroco and the TSX on the practice range and see how well they work with my scope/rifle combination.

Supertrucker??

Hmm! Well all of my of my elk (including a 6x7) were shot within a 100yds using .270 Win and .7mm Wby. My bear was killed at about 60 yds with a .7mm Wby. Most of my deer were shot within a 150 yds using .270 Win and .7mm Wby (I did kill one at around 200 yds with a .7mm Wby). I have also shot 3 or 4 antelope (longest shot about 250 yds) with a .7mm Wby. The 2 cape buffalo and elephant were all shot within 30 yds with a .416 Rem. Mag.

So even though I've shot my share of big game, they have almost been shot within a couple of hundred yards. Now I am trying to get some info from hunters who have killed big game at 400 - 600 yards. That's a very different kind of hunting at which I have no experience at all. As for soliciting only experienced opinions, that was to minimize the ever-present "know-it-alls" that offer up their expert advice on topics which they know nothing at all. BTW In hunting vernacular, its jumbo or ellie. Dumbo lives only in Disnyland or Walt Disney World (and in the minds of tree-huggers).