I wasn't going to post anything here as I am FAR from being a long-range hunter. I don't have the equipment, skill, desire, or need to try and shoot anything over 300 yards, mostly under 100 anyway. However, I have followed this post on and off and have a few things to add. A fellow interested in this subject posted a question, a valid question at a place that he felt that experienced people could help him out. Fortunately, guys like Jamison and Boyd Heaton(there are others,sorry if I forgot your name) that have the experience and the generosity to help this fellow out. I have no desire or business trying any of these long range shots on game but that doesn't mean that folks with the equipment,skill, and dicipline should abandon the idea. When legal, I'm not the one to tell people how to hunt or what hunting is in general. I think that nowadays its safe to say that most folks hunt out of enjoyment than necessity(sp?). Of course folks eat the meat that came from animals they killed, but they could've just as well went to the local grocery store and got it. That said, "challenging" hunting for lack of a better word seems to be a popular item. There are many folks that hunt with a bow, muzzleloader, handgun, and hunt long range style. Since the terrain I live and hunt in typically offers close range hunting for deer, I hunt with bow and handgun a good deal. I've chosen a challenging way of hunting that I like, is practical for my hunting environments, and that I'm competent in. I tip my hat to you long range guys since I know from limited experience that it takes discipline and dedication to be able to make these long range shots. I doubt very seriously that I'll ever get into long range hunting, but if a hunter chooses so and does it proficiently then more power to them. Good hunting this year everyone.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.