Indy

The argument against taking a 600 yard shot with a 308 is silly. But now drop the 308 part and I agree. Even though this is a 308 thread, caliber really should not come into play in the argument.

BTW if you can't dope swirling wind between 0 and 600 with a scoped rifle, you need a bit more practice. I'm not flaming you BUT there is usually even more wind indicators to watch in the field than on a range. And its really easy for anyone with a bit of work to fire 10s or xs at 600 for the first shot. You just have to practice and learn to use what indicators are out there.

But I agree with you and MM on the mart mart hunter. Or probably most for that matter. Including you. You seem to know that you are no where near the level needed to take it on. And you follow those guidelines which speaks tons for your ethics. I hope you are getting through to the masses here. The few of us that are capable enough just don't want the rest of the group howling.... But then again this thread has really evolved tons...

BTW if my hold is so wildly wobbly that its 6 inches or larger at 600 I wouldn't shoot anyway because I'm' not steady enough. Prone and with a scope any capable shooter will be able to hold on an golfball pretty easy.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....