ok.. I get tired of this holier than thou crap.. but here goes...

Camp Perry isn't God's Proving grounds, it is a controlled environment and you know exactly what is gonna happen.. I have more respect for a guy who can go into unknown conditions and still hit his intened target with one shot.. thats what we as lr hunters strive to do.. thats why we practice in all conditions..
umm we usually hunt with a partner and he is constantly ranging the target. we have dope charts for our rifles, if not a handhelp ballistic comp. that has our rifle/load data in it.. and you can change the input data to match conditions where you are. Wind flags nope we have grass, trees, leaves, dust.. and wind meters.. we learn what all these things do in all types of wind so we can identify the wind speed.. and wind direction all the way to the target.
I passed on a few shots at 886 yards this year.. the wind wouldn't stay consisitient and settle for me so I passed.
I did however conect on an Atelope at 660 yards one shot right through the heart.. I had 3 witness' my hunting partner and I laid in the sage grass for over an hour until the right conditions and right opporuntiy was there.
LR hunters just don't go out an start throwing lead.. the real serious ones spend just as much time as you practicing and fine tuning.
Quite frankly I am tired of your camp perry crap.. it really means nothing to me as a hunter .. like I said it is a controlled environment.
If you would take the time to learn about how the sport of long range hunting and how it is done correctly you might have a different opinion of what is actually possible.