FWIW my 3 yard shot on a whitetail I was checking an area in jeans and a white T shirt, no camo, no bath, lucky winds. Carried the recurve just in case. If thats no a clown suit and up close, well never mind.

I think I fail to see where you draw the line-- am I missing something. If we are going to go by saftey zones, sight smell etc... then the hunter in the box stand at 100 yards or less, well the deer could never see them, never smell them in the tight blinds I've been in. We can watch TV, run a heater, have a conversation, film etc.... the deer don't have a clue.

If you can draw a clear line-which again IMHO is impossible-- please have at it. All you'll do is divide the ranks further.

You may not term it hunting per your parameters. But one thing you cannot argue is skill level. I can guarantee that the skill level for the 3 yard bow shot is much less than for the LR shot. And there is no skill level to mention with a 100-200 yard rifle shot or a 50 yard pistol shot. Where is there any skill in sitting in a tree over a trail, beside a feeder, in front of a food plot and having a deer or XYZ come within 20-30 yards or less. The shot is a gimme. As it should be.

Are we not all in the woods to enjoy? Why should I say your flintlock is stupid compared to my recurve. Or my recurve to your compound or why is my compound too modern compared to your longbow. Or atlatl. They are all simply tools of choice. Whatever floats your boat.

What we do not need is division. I am a competitive shooter. I"ve never shot 1000 Yd BR like Boyd and others(sorry I can't recall all the names). I dont' dislike their competition. I can't say I've walked a mile in their shoes. I prefer to lay on my belly with a rifle at 1000. And not with a scope. With iron sights under parameters that allow my AR15 service rifle and shoot away and win matches. And I'm a laugh when I hit a shotgun range. And mostly a pistol range is a laugh too. I've only 20 points towards my pistol badge so you can see I 'm no shining light there.

My point is we still need each other. The enemy here is not me because if I feel like it I'll dink a deer at 800 yards and YCKMA. Or because I choose to shoot a doe with my recurve while you are a trophy hunter.

The enemy here is not the anti hunter or anti shooter. Or Charles Schumer or Hillary Clinton. There is no clear enemy. We do not have to worry about fighting the minority here. We are the minority. The anti's are the minority. Its the 80% of the fence sitters that we have to show that we are on our own. We don't care if they play soccer, race cars etc... but that our sports are no different than theirs. And inherently much safer sports. Sports that require lots of mental skill. Sports that produce fine citizens of our younger crowd. That crowd that will shape the future of this country. And keep her free and clear. The way she was intended to be. So that all the sacrafices of the past are not in vain.

Do you see why this is a moot point? I'm efficient and enjoy what I do. I'm totally sure you are efficient and enjoy what you do. There is no need to look further. You are on my side and I on yours.

Regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....