WW

FWIW I shoot or shot Perry quite a bit. With AR15 service rifle and iron sights only. Its one of the easiest ranges to shoot a perfect score at 600 yards. I've shot more than 1 or 2 perfect scores at 600 there. Not being able to shoot well there is only an indication that you are not at the top of your game YET.

You and I both know there are tons of variables. Also tons of clear indicators to clean shots. And we pick and choose as to if or when or where. This is not war where we HAVE to shoot. And at Camp Perry if we were given unlimited time(like we get in the field) then it would be even easier to shoot tiny knots at 600. Comparisons don't bode well against each other.

You also know, as I do, that responsible LR shooters fire one shot and make a clean kill percentage wise way more often that weekend warriors(I never used the word responsible here) ever will at even 100 yards.

Point through this whole thread should be, we know we are capable and you will too, WHEN the time comes. No one should just go out and click and shoot. In fact the first thing I found out in competition is that I could shoot well enough to reliably scare the crud out of a deer at 600. It took many barrels to get it to where I can kill one reliably at that range. Now add a scope to the factor and a flat accurate wind bucking rifle and tools of the trade..... Some folks will never get it. Most should never try it.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....