INdy

You actually hit on something with 300 vs 600. I had the same thing going. Could shoot 100-5-8x almost all the time if the wind was right. But never could clean 600. Then realized I was probably shooting too slow. Thats why I started the prone dry firing. Vary it going fast, slow, etc..... and the body got used to it. And I started shooting 200s on almost every reduced course and 200s or high 190s on every full course, depending on conditions.

Wife says I'm fat though.... 180 at 5'10". Need to drop some weight. Won't happen right now though....

Prone cannot be taken for granted until you get to the top level. But neither can the rest. I was going backwards-- make sure I could clean it all but standing and then start to work hard on standing but time ran out.

As to vision. I've had glasses since I was a kid and am now 40. I have to wear knoblochs. And I have to use tinted lenses to get contrast. I can manage to focus on the front sight if smoked well and marked with a pencil. But I needed the tint to get the contrast needed to where I could really see what I needed to see. But now that I have not shot in a few years, I'd bet I'll need all new lenses....

BTW that prone practice, man does it pay off on long field shots. Lay that rifle on a backpack and settle in. I feel totally confident that I can hold on a clay pigeon with a scope out past 1000 yards. Thats a small wobble area. But then there are other things to consider past my hold of course. Confidence does help success though.

Have heard Perry is revamping the pits on Rod. That should be nice. And adding an RV park. One of these days when I get back, it'll be better than it was. In the meantime the deer will just have to watch out!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....