Indy

Now I may see part of my post makes sense to me.... but maybe bad to others.

First 1 inch at 100 rarely equals 4 at 400. IE most rifles are worse. IF you get 1 at 100 I"d be more willing to bet its like 6-8 inches at 400.

Hence the need for a better more accurate rifle and load. Sometimes once a good load settles in and stabilizes it won't as much as you think it should. IE its 2.5 inches at 200, at 300 its 2.5 inches. At 400 its 3-3.5 inches etc... Most rifles work the way I mentioned above though. So you have to get a good rifle.

And by being rebuilt-- I mean you can take a factory action and have about 400 bucks truing it up, and then stick on a 300-500 buck barrel, and drop it into a 500 buck stock and then if you don't know how to bed correctly can drop another 200 there etc....

Maybe that clarifies it a bit better.

Of course as noted by others, just because the gun is good, the shooter still has to do a lot of work and practice. To get decent at prone, I laid and dry fired my AR for at least an hour every nite till I got to where my muscle memory was good and things got better. But it came with the price of having to practice that hour each nite....

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....