Rob P

I beg to differ on an inch at 100 being 4 at 400. It rarely works that way. And 4 inches at 400 is a poor group any day. A good rifle that is rebuilt should shoot around 1-2 inches at 500 yards. That will cost around 2 grand or more depending.

But your point on group size vs vitals etc... is huge. Factor in many factors of LR shooting and it takes an uncommon shooter to be able to perform. But for those that take the time 300-400 yards, under acceptable conditions, is really a chip shot these days. Bullet selection is paramount, but with the choices of the X bullet and now the accubonds, there is no doubt the bullets can perform. I"ve personally had Xs open up and hold together from as close as 50 yards to just over 800.

Congrats on the bow shot. I much prefer it over rifle hunting, but some times and places you can hunt all year and never be in the right place at the right time.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....