From thor:

suggest you do and read about buff hunter claiming to have deliberately gut shot a Buffalo from 30 yards,I personally think this is BS,yet surprisingly for all you experienced "hunters" out there not 1 commented about BH doing so to 1 of the dangerous 5 in africa...so as I said naive?..whos kidding who.

Duh! Make up your mind bubba! First you lambast me on mutiple posts for my comment of deliberately shooting a buff to provoke a charge. Then, many posts later, you state you beleive it is all BS. Are you forgetting to take your meds or what?

For the record, I did deliberately shoot a buff a to wound it and provoke a charge. I hit it a little low and a little far back. Study your "Pefect Shot" book and you will see that I probably clipped its liver. That way the buff is pissed, has complete structural use of its body and leaves a good blood trail for the trackers. I also stated that I felt guilty when the buff didn't respond immediately and then I hit it twice where I should have the first time and it died after about a 10 yard charge.

Is that a nice thing to do. Hell no. Are buffalo nice when they get a chance to take out people, lions, etc. Hell no. I don't like anything to suffer needlessly (except maybe for my enemies). I quit duck hunting and bird hunting, even though I have a good friend who has access to some of the best pheasant and quail country in Colorado, because I got tired of killing birds and finding old wounds and pellets in them. Those birds (IMO) survive and suffer for months.

Ask any PH, and they will tell you that a "gut shot" animal will be dead within a week, even quicker if there are lions and such around.

At least, I was going to give the buff a chance to stomp my ass before he died. Maybe that is not your cup of tea, but I make no apologies. The only real regret I have is the fact that I might have put the PH and tracker in a dangerous situation.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with long-range hunting. Nothing.

The object of long range hunting is to make a one-shot, clean kill at the longest range you feel confident. Blazing away at an animal you jump at 20 yards, hoping against hope, to break something, is far worse IMO, than placing a controlled shot at a known range, with a rifle/cartridge combination that you have shot repeatedly at those same ranges.

A cool shot at long range, can certainly be more deadly than an excited nimrod blasting away at more moderate ranges without any idea of where his bullets are going to land at those ranges.

Having said that, I believe thor that you are a fake and a coward. In every post that asks you direct questions, you always reply with generalities, emotion, and name-calling, but no facts. You stated you have hunted around the world. My question is for what? KY jelly for you and your boyfriend?

There are a lot of good, decent, experienced hunters on this forum, who try to be helpful and honest. You seem to be nothing but a malcontent, trying to stir up trouble.

If you are an experienced hunter, than why don't you provide us some examples of your experience, rather than bad-mouthing people who have been there and done that?

To the rest of you, I apologize for the tirade, because that is not what this board is about. Again, thanks for the helpful advice, and I will let you know how my hunt (only 2 more weeks) turns out.