"A fellow interested in this subject posted a question, a valid question at a place that he felt that experienced people could help him out."

they also failed to comment on his deliberste gut shooting of a animal.

"Whats your point on gutshots-- I actually did not roll this thread backwards to see."

I suggest you do and read about buff hunter claiming to have deliberately gut shot a Buffalo from 30 yards,I personally think this is BS,yet surprisingly for all you experienced "hunters" out there not 1 commented about BH doing so to 1 of the dangerous 5 in africa...so as I said naive?..whos kidding who.

"since I know from limited experience that it takes discipline and dedication to be able to make these long range shots."

never claimed otherwise you will find,just that long range shooting 'aint hunting.

"When I showed him the video we had taken of himself shooting and wounding both deer.He told us if we did'nt leave he was gonna call the cops..In fact we turned him in for not making an attempt to find the deer he wounded... "

To put it simply good for you,the guy was no hunter just a slob who shouldn't have a gun.

I can see we have reached a impasse regarding this,If I had the hardware available,and had practiced enough,I might have a go at taking a long range shot myself....the one thing I wouldn't do when sitting in my den sipping a nice single malt and looking admiringly at the mount on the wall was delude myself that I had hunted anything....there is a world of difference.
So the next time you are about to drop the hammer on a animal 800+ yards away,ponder this am I hunting here? and why is the animal not bothered by my clowns outfit and the flashing light on top of my head?
I will leave it at that then.
good luck in your future long range shooting.
sincerley Thor222