Originally Posted by Gus
speaking of prophecy, an older lady working as a pharm tech in a nearby pharmy told me one day that all True Christians would be far better off dead.

now, that's an encouraging thought to hear when dropping by to pick up a bag of medicine.

A couple of thoughts:
(1.) Regarding the "encouraging thought," you need not assume she regards you as a Christian, so there's likely no suicide capsule in the prescription you picked up.
(2.) She was not speaking prophetically at all. Paul's letter to the Philippians is not placed in the prophetic category. She was merely reflecting on what he said in Philippians 3:21-24:

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. 23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt