Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Ringman
Dr. Kindell told me Ph.D scientists and professors reject Jesus for the same reason the truck driver and the ditch digger do. They don't want to submit to God's authority. Any excuse works for anyone. Like my brother used to say, "Pick one and stick with it."

Genuine question here... what is the reason why you are always citing some Dr or somebody when you talk about what you believe?

Occasionally I mention something from Dr. Kindell because he is about the only educated person whom I know who is generally penitent. When I have showed him something from God's Word different from what he learned in college or school he has repented.

What is the tradition from which you've gotten your biblical education?

When I became a believer I spent five hours per day for months reading God's Word. What do you think happened? The folks at church started calling me arrogant because I knew where to find a verse when someone asked a question. What was really fun is when a caring person would come to me about something they saw in my life they thought was in the Bible. I could show them where they were correct and thank them and repent.

Then I discovered the New Testament on tape and listened to it so much so that I wore out three tape players and three sets of New Testament tapes. It takes only twenty-four hours to listen to the New Testament. During that time I read the Old Testament a few times and made cross references to the New Testament. When I worked in the garden I listened to the Bible. If you do that for twenty-five years you don't need anyone to tell you what it says. When I used to work and since I retired when I drive in the car I usually listen to the Bible. According to 1 John 2:27 the Holy Spirit tells us we will not have any need for someone to teach us.

Over the years I interspersed that with science books and lectures.

I am like most everyone else in the world. Almost universally we humans believe we are right and those who don't agree with us are wrong. I am not the first to discover this. In God's Word we are told, "Everyone's ways are right in his own eyes."

Over the years I have tried many churches and talked with many pastors. In fact I used to invite pastors and priest to come to my house on Saturday and preach or teach or do whatever they thought was good. It was not an adversarial gathering. They had the floor for the whole day. My wife would fix lunch for a break and we would all sit down and listen some more.

The vast majority didn't accept God's Word as the final authority. Even last Monday I spent a fun hour with a priest. Some of his thoughts are not supported by the Scripture. He agreed with that and appealed to tradition. He loaded me a book with lots of info. There is some fun stuff in it which is supported by Scripture.

I hope this answers your questions.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter