Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by efw

Jesus says the Pharisees honored God with their lips but their heart was far from Him. They loved the praise of men more than the love of God.

How is this not another way of saying what they thought????

It is. Jesus knew their thoughts, not men.

If you say so...

Originally Posted by antlers

What's in our hearts...good or bad...is eventually translated into words and deeds.

I agree full heartedly!

I agree with that like you did before you didn't but whatever.

Your conversation reminds me of a guy at work. He kept asking me questions trying to catch me in something. Finally I asked him, "Are you trying to catch me in something like the Pharisees did with Jesus in the lasts two verses of Luke 11?"
Luke 11:53-54
"When He left there, the scribes and the Pharisees began to be very hostile and to question Him closely on many subjects, plotting against Him to catch Him in something He might say."

If you don't mind, would you post were I changed my mind, please? The specific phrase I quoted I agree with.

Here's the problem with those who either don't know what God's Word says or don't believe it. God's Word says, well I'll let you read it.

1 Corinthians 2:11
"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter