Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It is very dangerous to assume we can understand everything Jesus, or God Almighty thinks or was thinking...

I only have to know and understand what He wants ME to do. It's none of my business what He thinks about anything else.

So where do you draw the line on what is correct
First verse in Genesis to the last in Revelation. That keeps it simple for me. If I come across something I have a problem with I move on, believing it's either not for me, or not for me now.

There's a proverb that says, "it's to the Glory of God to conceal a matter, and to the glory of kings to search the matter out". The Bible is pretty straightforward when it comes to the salvation message. So that which is the most important is rather moot in regards to hidden meaning. Those things that might show us more about this amazing God can sometimes be a problem. Particularly if we are reading through our filters. We do see through the glass darkly. But the number of times I have went past a verse many times and another time it almost jumps off the page at me in a unique revelation, shows me this is a living book and there is a Holy Spirit who can lead and guide us to all the Truth to be found that we need for our purposes. That is few for some and many for others. Not only does God take us where he finds us but also and often will take us where we want to go with Him. Many of the pastors and/or those involved with mission work among us may be able to attest to the wild ride that can be. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.