Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD
the bible which, after all, WAS written by men. The level of inspiration of the writers and - more importantly - the "selectors" in the 4th century was not consistent. To believe otherwise displays an ignorance of human nature.

The writers of the Bible were just that: writers. Inspiration was no more required of them than perspiration. God and the Holy Spirit chose what went into that Book by verse, chapter, and book. The Bible is truly the most unique and perfect Book in existence. It can, and has given rise to incredible revelation and despicable cults. All by design. It is ever living, sharper and more powerful than any weapon known, so be careful how you use it and more careful how you misuse it. I can point to translation issues in a few areas due to scribes discomfort and confusion with the Truth and how that might impact their longevity, but as a whole and for purpose, it is intact as the dead sea scrolls prove. Humanity had little to do with the Bible, other than maligning it, and failing to benefit from it's infallibility. Those who don't believe God could, can, and will, preserve His Word, don't know the One I do.

And that's all I've got to say about that. grin

Well.... since we are all having a final say it appears, I'll just make the observation that He must have figured the Roman Catholics needed more information since their bible is bigger.

I just learned via PM that since I don't believe the bible to be inerrant, my Christianity has been revoked.

Now you tell me that I know a different God than you know. My concept of God has served me exceedingly well for many years so I know you will understand when I don't modify it to fit another man's concept.
The truth is Gene, most of us know a different God. He takes us as He finds us, so we all start out at different places with Him. I have no doubt about your faith, not that it would matter, since we all come by that differently, too. I also know we agree on a lot. Several days in a hunting camp showed that. That we don't agree in this only means we don't agree on this. If I never see you again in this world, I know I'll see you in the next. I'm pretty sure we both agree with that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.