Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Ringman

Jesus says the Pharisees honored God with their lips but their heart was far from Him. They loved the praise of men more than the love of God.

How is this not another way of saying what they thought????

It may not be depending upon how one views or understands who we are and how we are made and how we function.

There is the body and there is the soul or our mind. There is also the presence or absence of the Spirit deep within us. I see man as the three part being. The soul or mind, being different from our spirit.

More simply put, the spirit is the driving force of God within us and it manifests itself via our soul; it's thoughts,words, deeds and acts.

How many times have each us had some sort of sudden "understanding" or "revelation" about God? Seems to me that is the Spirit communicating to our spirit and then manifesting in our mind.

To each his own here I think.

ie, the Pharisees were dead in their spirit and did not have the driving force of God to urge their mind. They could still think and reason but were motivated in their flesh.

Last edited by TF49; 08/25/16.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”