Originally Posted by SharpsShooter
JPK, you are politely full of baloney. An elephant is just another target. Just because you really like traditional express sights for elephant hunting does not make it true.

If you really believe that express sights are better, no matter the situation you just don't have enough expierence with other sighting systems to make an accurate determination.

I have noticed that the marine corps has put in a large order for express sights for the guys that are fighting room-to-room, they have noticed that the Eotech's are blocking too much of their vision when engaging multiple armed insurgents at less than 10 feet.

Ok, too silly a circular thread. I'm out.

ss

Lets focus on this portion of your post:
"If you really believe that express sights are better, no matter the situation you just don't have enough expierence with other sighting systems to make an accurate determination."

As I said in my post, express or apperature sights are by far the best option for elephants. As I also said in my post, a scoped bolt rifle with an appropriately low range variable, with a bold reticle and illumninated dot is the best choice for all other situations save follow up.

This is from my post:
"A scope is better for the first shot at everything except for elephants. And a reasonably low power variable for the game hunted, imo 1x4 for buff for example, with an illuminated reticle that has a reticle that is still good when the battery dies is the epitome."

So, where did I say I "...believe that express sights are better, no matter the situation..."

Now, I did say that they are best for elephant hunting, especially up close, where it ought to be done, and follow up.

From my post:
"But when it comes to elephants, proper express sights or a good wide apperature are far, far better."

Also from my post:
"Guys who claim optics are better for elephants, or for follow ups are either kidding themselves or don't have the experience, or haven't figured out what good open sights are maybe."

Nowhere did I say, "I '...believe that express sights are better, no matter the situation...'" You are making things up.

BTW, for the inexperienced (that would be you), if your going to shoot elephants at 50yds, they are still better, since the heart/lung target is the size of the top of a 50gal drum and the brain shot is increasingly difficult to make as range grows.

Moreover, if you go elephant hunting enough, especially in the jess, you will eventually have a run in with an elephant, maybe a buff, maybe something else. Your scope, 1x or not, isn't woth s--t at 10, 5, 3 yards.

But I have forgotten, now that you have shot one elephant, which took a couple of tries with your scoped double before you made your fatal shot, you are an expert!

As far as your s--tty attitude, and your especially s--tty post in response to Ray, with whom I do not always agree, I have seen you get [bleep] before when you sense you are not winning what ought to be a debate or that people are not sufficiently in awe of your (inexperienced) opinion.

Worse, your post can be paraphrased as, "If you won't agree with me, I'm taking my ball and going home." That is imature at best in any situation, put expecially piss poor when your are using business, money and threats to try to get someone to agree with your (inexperienced) opinion on an utterly unrelated topic. Doing it in a public forum and in the way you have while bring up your disastifaction regarding a previous deer hunt sold to you be Ray is just low.

Go ahead, take your ball and go home, eh.

JPK

Last edited by JPK; 11/11/09.