Originally Posted by SharpsShooter
Atkinson, you are twisting around that Seymour hunt trying to make it sound like something it wasn't. I contacted you for a quick hunt to waste a little time. No big deal, just some modest sized deer. First off Stony was off busy with other hunters, and his Dad kept me in a stand close to his house, minimal work. I saw a couple of yearlings, no hogs and one little year and half buck that was running for his life. We did spend a lot of time spotlighting after dark and anytime we saw a little buck I noticed my stand for the next day was a long ways off. I didn't hunt more than 150 acres the whole time. Essentially I got the "dog and pony" show to keep me clear of anything they didn't want killed.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the time of not being in on the little scam. Even thought I might trust you one more time. But frankly, the "sonny" and other arrogant remarks you are so fast with have been wearing a little thin. We both know that the guys that hunt for a real living are using much more effective systems than iron sights. Iron sights makes the boneheads feel like they are real life PHs. And only these PH wannabees are allowed to tell people what they can hunt elephant with. Being correct is not the question, being big bwana is. What a silly joke.

Frankly JPK is doing his best to own the title of elephant expert and send down his missives from the mount. He's full of [bleep] and he knows it, but playing big bwana gets him off. Big deal, go pound sand. If you can't have a thoughtful, reasonable conversation on the subject, you know where the sand is. You are still a joke.

So Atkinson, what am I supposed to do? I've made arrangements to be on this hunt, my nephew is dying to go because he has been looking forward to it for weeks and now I don't know if I am dealing with a thief. Does this guy actually have access to property with good deer populations? Does he even have access to more than 100 acres? What am I supposed to do? Cancel and try to find a more reputable outfitter in two weeks? Just go and hope for the best?

I am open to suggestions here Ray. I guess you can just call me "sonny" that seems to be the most natural thing for you if you have any thoughts.

What a treat of a post!

Lets focus on this portion:
"Atkinson, you are twisting around that Seymour hunt trying to make it sound like something it wasn't."

Hmm, now going from trying to blackmail Ray into supporting your foolish and inexperienced notions, you have accused Ray of outright lying.

And this portion:
"...his Dad kept me in a stand close to his house, minimal work." And, "We did spend a lot of time spotlighting after dark and anytime we saw a little buck I noticed my stand for the next day was a long ways off." Followed by, "I didn't hunt more than 150 acres the whole time."

More than a little contradiction here, eh? Close to home, but lots of driving, and stands a long ways off...

Now this portion:
"I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the time of not being in on the little scam. Even thought I might trust you one more time."

Hmmm, now gone from accusing Ray of being a lyer to being a thief.

Topped by this portion:
"But frankly, the "sonny" and other arrogant remarks you are so fast with have been wearing a little thin."

Translates into, "because you disagree with me you are annoying me and because you have experience and point it out, while have little you are arrogant. Aw shucks, such thin pasty skin.

Lets look at this completely moronic and contradictory has"
"We both know that the guys that hunt for a real living are using much more effective systems than iron sights. Iron sights makes the boneheads feel like they are real life PHs. And only these PH wannabees are allowed to tell people what they can hunt elephant with. Being correct is not the question, being big bwana is. What a silly joke."

So, are you saying that DG and elephant PH's, who do hunt for a real living, hunt with scopes? Other optical systems? Not hardly. Not only that, but they use open sights for a damn good reason!

Now, as far as wanting to be equiped as well as a PH who is using open sights, the optimal sights for elephant hunting, well, I'll plead guilty to wanting to using the optimal sighting system for elephant hunting! I'll also plead guilty to using a rifle in the stopping catagory to!

Apparently, a whole continent full of DG and elephant hunting PH's are using the incorrect sighting system when they use open sights. Sharpshooter knows best, afterall, he has shot one elephant, and he missed the shot on that one with his correctly scoped rifle at that.

This portion in particular earns a hoot!:
"And only these PH wannabees are allowed to tell people what they can hunt elephant with."

I can only figure that Ray and I are PH wannabees. Funny but my posts never told [bleep] what to use or what he could use, only what was the best option for elephant hunting. And Ray's posts were similar, except that he specifically told [bleep] to use whatever he felt best, especially if he didn't know open sights, which I think is more than obviouos.

Then there is this portion:
"Frankly JPK is doing his best to own the title of elephant expert and send down his missives from the mount. He's full of [bleep] and he knows it, but playing big bwana gets him off. Big deal, go pound sand."

My answer is for [bleep] to go earn some experience and then come back. IMO, his tune will have changed and he will be an open sight fan, but if it doesn't, at least he will have some experience behind his opinion, instead of nothing but vapor.

And the last individual portion that I will take a look at:
"If you can't have a thoughtful, reasonable conversation on the subject, you know where the sand is. You are still a joke."

[bleep], for it to be a thoughful discussion, participants have to have cogent thought. For cogent thought, you have to have experience on topic. As an alternative, one who has very limited experience may just want to learn from others who have much, much more. As you have made abundantly clear, your definition of "reasonable" discussion includes only discussion in which all who have a hell of a lot more experience that you agree only with you.

As I wrote earlier, it is always a hoot when those with no, or very limited, experience tell those with a hell of a lot more that their experience doesn't count for anything; when the novice gets pissy because those who have a hell of a lot more experience do not agree with them. And talk about arrogance!!! It takes a whole lot of arrogance for a one event wonder to tell much more experienced guys that they are emphatically wrong, and even more arrogance to tell them that they are wrong because of their experience and because they prefer open sights as do those who do the same thing for a living.

The rest of the post is a friggin' insult to Ray, imo and I'll leave that to Ray. But to blackmail a guy for not agreeing with him about something you know little about is damned, damned low.

This is how Ray responded, and I can't say it better:
"You have done all of this for one reason alone and that is because I disagreed with you on a iron sight discussion and that in itself is BS, I don't have to agree with you on such a subject, especially one you know nothing about."

Followed by:
"I will never book you again for a hunt of anykind and that is for sure."

And, "This is my last post, take your money and run or go hunt."

JPK

Last edited by JPK; 11/12/09.