JPK, with all due respect this discussion has essentially ben that you have lots of expereince hunting elephant so unless one of us is Bell, Taylor or JPK we are just silly want to bees that are not permitted to speak on the subject.

Admitally, I have killed exactly one bull elephant. He was killed with a searcy double rifle in 357 fl and the rifle had a 1.1x4 S&B Zenith flashdot scope on it. Had it not been for the red dot the elephant would not have bee taken. I shot low on my first shot because unlike you I go nervous and excited. the secound round caught him in the should and the PH fired two rounds that this time even tough he could not see his iron sights. I chased down the elephant and in about 100 yards he had decided that he was coming back. One round at the edge or the neck/spine area ended it. I am humiliated that I didn;t get to take an elephant under your more honorable conditions. Shame must follow for this kill.

Now obviously Ray Atkinson has shot alongside some of the most famous shots of all time. No doubt Ray in the Paderfamilius situation is despensing information and tips to thw young men under his care. Perhaps in the style of the "Godfather."

Now I would really like to participatr in full, honest testing regimen that ccould

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955