Originally Posted by Lee24
If the front sight is a post, the point of aim at zero range should be the flat of the post. If the target were a bullseye, the top of the sight would be across the center of the bullseye.

If the front sight is a bead, the point of aim is through the center of the bead.

First, if you can hit a clay all day with open sights at 150 yards freehand, I highly suggest you pickup a service rifle and compete, you'd win every match you shot in, including the national championships..

As to correct placement of a post front sight, there is none. You use what works for you. 6, line of white, flat tire, sub six, frame, center, navy etc.... I have zeros for all of those and use different ones at times... I often hold center, but in 2 positions only, and for prone I use only 6 or frame hold depending on distances and lighting conditions. Much like I change rear aperture size and my lense colors as the light dictates.

Now where is that reference link to your job?

And on topic again, what open in 2010, I haven't been to AMU Benning in a couple of years, I might think about going this year if you'll tell me where to register and what course of fire and dates. I have plenty of AMU shooters I can bum a room off of if I am not booked already for that weekend.

Or if you'll tell me what the match is I can get hold of Emil or Troy and figure out the rest for myself.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....