Either way suits me fine..but I prefer the POI to be about and inch or two high at 50 yards, it will also be the same at 100 yds. All my guns are set up this way. At point blank you can still hold dead on anyway as it won't be high at under 25 anyway. BTW, always KNOW your POI at 10, 15, 25 and 50..just to be sure. Shoot your gun at those ranges before you go hunting for DG..

There are two schools of thought, some want the bead to cover the POI, some want it on top or over of the bead...

Either one suits me just fine as long as I know how its impacting, and I will know that in every case with any rifle.

I suppose I should add that in my case I will point shoot at under 25 yards and will not use the sights..It's very natural to me and I have been shooting instinctively for many years both in practice and in the field, but only at shorter ranges. I practice up to 50 yards..You can become quite accurate at short ranges shooting instinctively..I still know where my sights shoot however, I may want to shoot the head off a Tanzania chicken! smile

Last edited by atkinson; 02/01/10.