Karl, don't get involved with atkinson. I am just having a bit of fun with the knothead. I wasn't mad about not killing anything on his cheapy little hunt at Seymour. I was a bit miffed about how he misrepsented the hunt. Plenty of country, honest people to deal with, etc. Wow was that a stretch. We spent more time spotlighting deer than anything else. The person who was to conduct the hunt was never around, so he had his Dad stick me in a stand next to the house to keep me away from anything shootable and from his other hunters. It was just a shank deal all around.

But I gave Ray the benefit of the doubt and let it go. I knew he had been from west Texas, so I figured he might know someone honest out there for a mule deer hunt, so I took another chance on him. I was much more careful to check out the hunt myself rather than take Ray's word for it.

The only reason I am going on this mule deer hunt is because the guy running it has nothing to do with Ray. Wayne tells me that he's never even met Ray and has been pretty specific about what hunting ground he has access to. I am not trusting Ray, I am trusting Wayne.

Then Ray feels free give me this "sonny" crap. Somehow he's the world's only authority on anything. So I reminded him he's not exactly the world's hunting authority. Great fun.

Stupid statement about instant gratification Ray. Anyone that knows me understands how silly a statement that is. When Karl and I were hunting elephant and it looked like we were not going to find a good bull I told Karl several times that it was not that big a deal, if we don't get a chance at a good bull, I'll just come back next year and we'll try again. And I had just a bit more money on the line on that bull elephant hunt than on Ray's cheapo fiasco in Seymour. Matter of fact, on the elephant hunt I as much concerned that my beautiful wife get to kill her first African animal as my elephant. Which she did.

Anyway, just a chance to have some fun with the old fart. And Ray, to help you with your reasoning skills. It is not two faced to say that you are a flawed, occasionaly dishonest knothead and to also write that I still in some way kind of way like you. To clarify it for you, a person is referred to as "two faced" if they say nice, kiss ass things to your face and then stab you in the back with other people. In this case I have told you exactly what I think of you to your face.

It has been a hoot, don't you think?

And for some odd reason there is a tiny part of me that still likes you, just a little bit. Maybe its because you said you were from west Texas. By the way, why did you leave? To many people hear how you do business? Ex-wife problems?

Anyway don't be so mad. Obviously I'll book with better outfitters in the future, but can't we still trade friendly barbs now and again? You are a lot of fun, and I am serious when I say that I would like to meet you in person. It would be hard to make happen, my schedule is always tight, but it would be pleasant wouldn't it?

Anyway, take your medicine, try to relax. We'll get to have these chances for fun in the future.

Sincerely yours,
josh

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955