JPK, I am glad you enjoyed the aperture joke. You gotta admit that one hit right in the middle of the ....err...hole.

Anyway, just why did you call my a novice? I admit I have only been to Africa twice. I killed 17 animals on my first trip with a single shot rifle. On my second trip I killed a trophy bull elephant. In the US I have killed about all there is to kill.

So what makes me a novice? One trophy bull elephant? Maybe its time for you to tell us how many trophy elephants you have killed and the circumstances that you or you PH killed them. Hopefully that will give me some idea of where I fall.

I am very much torn with atkinson. I don't think he was involved in the spotlight poaching that went on at that place in Seymour. Atkinson did'nt mind profitting from that deal though.

I grew up working for ranchers like atkinson where their honor and honesty was more important than their lives. I don't know what happened to atkinson. Maybe nothing else for him to do. Bluff and bluster big hunts that may or not deliver, anyone that doesn't connect is an incomptent moron that can't shoot.

I guess that is why the varsity level hunters are lined up to hunt with him. Essentially atkinson has a phone and a line of bullshit that he hopes gets him paid.

After all that, I have a soft feeling for atkinson. He reminds me of some of those old ranchers I knew that where living from a different age and losing it all. They would do anything to try to hold their operations together. Too bad.

I truth, I do hope to meet atkinson in person. Not likely but still would be nice.

JPK, you are such a nice round target I promise to lay off, for a while.

Ray, I hope your mental health is not too bad. I don't hate you and in an odd way wish well in honest work if you can find it.

j

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955