My issue with irons comes from where I hunt. Often in thickets, while killing a deer quickly with them is not an issue, often identifying the correct deer and or not seeing vines etc.. in the way is the issue.

I used a 0 power dot one year and had a bad mistake never seeing brush between us. And I've had deer indentified with binocs switch places on me as they mill around such that I could not tell the difference unless going back to binocs again.

Those 2 issues lean me to scopes even though I can shoot irons on game just fine and have done so quite a bit, even out to past 500 yards with irons on deer.

Its not just the fact that you can or cannot use them.

As to speed, I've never had any speed issues getting on something with a scope as long as the gun and scope are set up correctly. Certainly no more difficult or any slower than irons.

The comments on seeing wobble vs not, well thats a mental game that can be overcome easily if folks put any effort into it.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....