Originally Posted by rost495

As to correct placement of a post front sight, there is none. You use what works for you. 6, line of white, flat tire, sub six, frame, center, navy etc.... I have zeros for all of those and use different ones at times... I often hold center, but in 2 positions only, and for prone I use only 6 or frame hold depending on distances and lighting conditions. Much like I change rear aperture size and my lense colors as the light dictates.

Sir,

It is my understanding that you are one of the top match shooters in the country. You mention several terms that I am not familiar with and I would like clarification. If you have time, please explain what a few of those terms mean like 6, line of white, etc.... Thank you in advance!

I haven't hunted much with open sights and I am really wanting to improve my shooting abilities. I am in the market for a nice .22 that is similar to my hunting rifles like a CZ or something. I feel that shoot a .22 will help plus it is a heck of a lot of fun.

I also intend on practicing with my regular rifles that have open sights along with a close buddy so that we can practice the "flinch drill." That is always an eye opener.

As an aside, I prefer open sights on all of my rifles. Not only for function, but also for the aesthetics. It makes them look more like the "rifleman's rifle" to me.